Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rhodies are at it again...


I can never remember the exact time my luscious pink rhododendron likes to bloom, but, apparently it's early May!

Over the past few days, the tight buds have swollen, burst open and unfolded fat fluffy blossom that look good enough to eat!

I took pictures of one bloom as it uncurled itself over two or three days and look at it now!

No clue what the cultivar might be, but I think I'll name it: Pale Pink Ballerina in honor of its delicate tutus that dance at the end of its stems!

I love this time of year!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hi. I don't know if you are ever going to get this (You haven't updated your blog in a while) but I am writing anyway.

I love the retreat you have. It's beautiful. I'm a hard rocker chick but I love the completely feminine look and feel (though I have never been) your place has.

I hope you don't mind but I had a school project where we needed to make a retreat and I modeled mine after yours. It's definitely a place I will visit when I go to North Carolina.

Thanks for giving people such an amazing place for a retreat.

Cheers and much hugs from a 16 year old canadian.

Linda Roggli said...

Oh Kristen, thank you so much for your comment. You're right, I am waaaaay behind on my GardenSpirit blogging (but not on my gardening - trust me).

Of course it's OK that you used GardenSpirit for your school project. I am honored ... and GardenSpirit is kinda proud, too.

When you come to NC, email me at linda@lindaroggli.com and I'll make sure you get a personal tour and an overnight stay!
Hugs
Linda